1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
2. Arrange onion slices on the bottom of a roasting pan or a 9×13-inch (23×33-centimeter) baking pan.
3. Season turkey on both sides with salt, lemon pepper, and herbs, if using. Drizzle with coconut aminos and orange juice.
4. Cover tightly; bake for two hours. Uncover; raise oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
5. Baste turkey well, then bake uncovered for half an hour or longer, until turkey has browned.
6. Allow to rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.