Challah Recipes that Will Help Satisfy the Challah Cravings
Who else has missed challah as much as we have?! Out of all the things we can’t eat over Passover, challah might be one of the foods we at kosher.com miss the most. We can’t wait to have that first bite of challah this coming Shabbat, but more importantly, we can’t wait to BAKE challah for this coming Shabbat!
We love baking challah every week, but this week is extra special – it’s shlissel challah week! "Shlissel" challah (which is challah shaped like a key) has become super trendy over the last couple of years, and for good reason! We look forward to getting in on the action every year and love making it for our families.
Whether you are shaping your challah into a key or not, we highly recommend going all out and baking challah from scratch this week. We have rounded up some of our favorite challah recipes and categorized them for your convenience!
We hope you enjoy! Happy Challah Baking!
For those of you who want to read more about shlissel challah, check out this informative article.
Don't forget to perform hafrashat challah when making a large batch of challah dough. Click here to learn more about hafrashat challah.
Challahs on this page:
Better For You:
- Fluffiest Challah Ever (White Spelt Challah) by Brynie Greisman
- Multi-Grain Challah by Kosher Scoop user Lynne
- Honey Whole Wheat Challah from the Dining In cookbook
- Water Challah by Hindy Bertram
- Light and Fluffy Challah from the Dining In cookbook
- Delicious Whole Wheat Challah by Kosher Scoop user Mindy
- Orly's Famous Gluten-Free Challah by Orly Gottesman (Blends by Orly)
- Egg Free Spelt Challah by Chevy Slomovics and Raizy Janklowitz
- Gluten-Free Oat Challah by Sharon Matten
- Gluten-Free Challah Muffins by Sharon Matten
- The Challah Mummys Elderflower Challah by Allegra Benitah
- The Challah Mummy's Wild Garlic Challah by Allegra Benitah
- The Challah Mummy's Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Challah Tart by Allegra Benitah
- Pesto and Goat Cheese Stuffed Challah by Shannon Sarna
- Aqua-Fabulous Challah by Lori Stiefel
- Cinnamon Raisin Whole Wheat Challah by Chavi Feldman
- Challah with Streusel Crumbs by Brynie Greisman
- Sweet Raisin Challah by Estee Kafra
- Honey Challah with a Touch of Apples by Temi Philip