1. In a large frying pan, sauté onion in 1/2 tablespoon oil over low heat until golden brown. Remove onion from frying pan and set aside.
2. Add another 1/2 tablespoon oil and mushrooms and sauté. Remove from pot and combine with sautéed onion.
3. Add the last one tablespoon oil to the frying pan with the riced cauliflower. (If your frying pan is small, split the oil and “rice” into two batches.) Season with salt and garlic powder.
4. Cover and cook the cauliflower for three to four minutes, then uncover, stir, and cook until lightly browned.
5. Combine the cooked “rice” with onions and mushrooms.