1. Combine jam, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, and ginger in a bowl for a marinade, whisking well. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture for use in the dressing.
2. Place apricot halves into a bowl and drizzle two tablespoons of marinade over them. Toss to coat and refrigerate.
3. Place chicken into a large ziplock bag and pour the rest of the marinade into the bag, turning the chicken to coat well. Place bag into the refrigerator and marinate chicken for three to four hours, turning the bag over from time to time.
4. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the dressing by adding mayonnaise, water, and brown sugar to reserved 1/2 cup of marinade and whisk until well combined.
5. Prepare salad by placing the lettuce, avocado, and scallions into a large bowl.
6. Using an outdoor gas grill, grill chicken and corn for about five minutes per side or until cooked through.
7. Place apricot halves on the grill for about two to three minutes per side.
8. Standing the corn on one end, slice the corn kernels off of the cob with a sharp knife and add to salad.
9. Dice the chicken and apricots into one-inch (two- and- a- half-centimeter) cubes and add to salad.
10. Sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with salad dressing.
11. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately.