1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
2. Arrange tomatoes and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Roast for half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, heat one and a half tablespoons olive oil in a pot and sauté onions until translucent. Add the meat and brown, seasoning with additional salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use a fork or potato masher to crumble meat into small pieces. Once meat is almost cooked through, add zucchini and butternut squash. Sauté for another three to five minutes. Transfer contents of the pot into a large bowl.
4. Pour the roasted tomatoes, garlic, and all juices into the pot, and add four to five cups of vegetable broth or water. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
5. Add the vegetables and meat back into the pot, along with the shredded cabbage, soy sauce, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.