Roundup courtesy of Whisk by Ami Magazine.
During the summer veggies can surprise us with their natural sweetness. We don’t need to blend them into a soup or mash them beyond recognition. We challenged nine Whisk columnists, chefs, and food stars to “honor the veggie” and show us how to bring out the best in their chosen vegetable, leaving it recognizable. Here’s the catch—no overlaps! First one to reserve a veggie got to use it. Here’s what they came up with.
- Roasted Tomatoes by Sara Chana Gruskin
Garlic-Rosemary Chicken Peppers by Chayie Schlisselfeld
- Snap Pea Walnut Salad by Deena Weiss
- Zucchini Shakshuka by Nechama Norman
- Broccoli 2 Ways by Elky Friedman
- Turnip Fries with Cheese Sauce by Ruth Bendkowski
- Grilled Eggplant with Leben & Spicy Sweet Tomatoes by Sarah Lasry
Grilled Corn with Harissa Mayo by Sara and Yossi Goldstein
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlic Oil by Aliza Salem
Please login to comment
View all comments