This is one of my favorite festive, wholesome veggie dishes. Because of the marinade it requires a little advance planning, but the result is a really tender, flavorful asparagus. Serve with Root Hash and Cauliflower-Rice Stuffed Capons.
1. Trim off heads and all triangular pieces from asparagus.
2. Place asparagus in a ziplock bag, then spray with oil and season with salt, garlic, and pepper. Close the bag and shake to evenly coat contents.
3. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one hour to overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Spread marinated asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Roast for 20–25 minutes.