So Dad’s vegetarian and you want to make him something other than pasta for Father’s Day.
While everyone around him enjoys juicy burgers, offer him some of the “meaty,” barbecued, and filling recipes below. Ingredients like mushrooms, lentils, and eggplant add beefy and hearty texture and smoky flavor that will satisfy all his cravings on the ultimate BBQ day.
Although he can’t share in that steak with you, the flavor-packed meal you created for him will be one he’ll never forget.
So this year forget the tie and show him how much you really care with these delicious vegetarian Father’s Day recipes.
- Grilled Aubergines in Honey and Spices by Marlena Spieler
Black Bean Burgers by Levana Kirschenbaum
- Carolina Barbecue Seitan Wings by Lauren Hartmann
- Mushroom Asparagus Pasta by Michal Frischman
Chili Tacos with Avocado Cream by Victoria Dwek
- Portobello Salad by Michal Frischman
- Cheesy BBQ Mock Meat Pizza by Estee Kafra
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms by Naomi Nachman
Lentil Pita Pockets by Megha Suchak
- Spicy Tofu Satay with Soy Dipping Sauce by Ryland, Peters & Small
- Vegetarian “Crab” Cakes by Jamie Feit
Lentil Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Sina Mizrahi
- Fresh Lime, Vegetable and Coconut Curry by Ryland, Peters & Small
- Eggplant Tomato Gratin by Kiki Fisher
Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by Sina Mizrahi
Cheesy Eggplant Boats by Esty Wolbe
- Spinach Shiitake Feta Casserole by Rorie Weisberg
Rice and Lentil “Meat” Loaf by Sina Mizrahi
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad With Mushroom “Bacon” Bits by Ruth Fox and Vicky Cohen
- Instant Pot Eggplant Risotto by Jeffrey Eisner
- Grilled Eggplant with Leben & Spicy Sweet Tomatoes by Sarah Lasry
- Grilled Pineapple by Sara and Yossi Goldstein
- Grilled Vegetable Linguine by Rivky Kleiman
- Fried Mushroom and Onion on Caraway Rye Bread by Sina Mizrahi
- Pungent Cranberry Portobello Caps by Faigy Grossman