It’s the Nine Days, and your meat-loving family members want a meal that will satisfy their cravings. The problem is we all struggle with finding the perfect “meaty” recipe that is parve. That is, until now! We created this AMAZING recipe roundup with meat-lovers in mind!
The hearty recipes below are sure to get the most accolades from meat lovers. All of these recipes include filling ingredients like lentils, lots of veggies, beans, and rice. How does rice and lentil meatloaf or lentil sloppy joe-stuffed sweet potatoes sound? Or how about rich and saucy meatless bolognese and chili tacos with avocado cream? There is something for everyone on this tasty list, and we promise you won’t miss the meat!
Hosting guests who are vegan? This list is also a fantastic resource when you need help cooking for your plant-loving bestie!
Let’s get on to the recipes!
- Sweet Potato Burgers by Nechama Norman
- Rice and Lentil “Meat” Loaf by Sina Mizrahi
- Cabbage and Vegetable Curry Stew by Estee Raviv
- Lentil Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Sina Mizrahi
- Lentil Walnut Burgers by Ronit Peskin
- Hasselback Eggplants by Chanie Apfelbaum
- Lentil Pita Pockets by Megha Suchak
- Stuffed Rainbow Peppers by Brynie Greisman
- Rich and Saucy Meatless Bolognese by Melanie McDonald
- Slow Cooker Curried Chickpea Stew by Jamie Geller
- Portobello Mushroom and Pasta Salad by Miriam Zupnik
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by Sina Mizrahi
- Stir-Fried Rice by Faigy Grossman
- Armenian Lentil Burgers by Lukas Volger
- Chili Tacos with Avocado Cream by Victoria Dwek
- Mock Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles by Ruth Bendkowski
Stay tuned for more Nine Days recipe roundups!