Healthier Grab N’ Go Snacks for Kids!
Whether your kids are heading out for a playdate, just arrived home from school or camp, or simply get hungry in between meals, they’ll need some snack options that they can grab on their own without having to ask you for help–so it’s smart to be prepared.
However, packaged snacks are often loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. Instead, fill your kids up with snacks that have better-for-you ingredients that provide energy and nutrition.
All you need to do is make a couple of recipes at the beginning of the week, store the snacks in kid-friendly places, and your job is done! (Just be sure to supervise the portion control!)
Here are 12 recipes that are healthy and perfect for kids on the go!
Try making some of these recipes with your kids, too! Involving them in even the smallest way might encourage them to choose your healthier homemade treats over the packaged junk food.
- My Favorite Whole Wheat Muffins by Elky Friedman
- Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Pops by Estee Kafra
- Product-Free Beef Jerky by Chanie Nayman
- No-Mixer Granola Bars by Chanie Nayman
- Fruit Leather by Chanie Nayman
- Oatmeal Muffins from the Dining In Cookbook
- Dried Apple Chips by Amy Spiro
Homemade Pickles by Zehava Krohn
- Popcorn Five Ways by Estee Kafra
- Moist Banana Muffins by Nechama Norman
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Bits by Chanie Nayman
- Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels from the Dining In Cookbook