As Shabbat times get later, holding off on eating until dinner will get harder and harder. Plus with kids home, larger meals and filling snacks are going to be inevitable.
We’ve chosen recipes that are relatively easy and quick to make, require few pieces of cookware, are satisfying, filling and will be enjoyed by family members of all ages.
Some of these recipes can be made on the spot, while others will need to be made ahead. But one thing is certain–next time you hear, “I’m hungry”, you’ll be prepared!
- Layered Parfait by Kosher.com Staff
- Caprese Salad by Zeta Olive Oil
- Three Apple Sandwiches by Esty Wolbe
- Tuna and Salad Lunch Platter by Chaya Piatt
- Chickpea Avocado Salad by Hadassah Schreiber
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Sina Mizrahi
- Turkey Rollup by Rorie Weisberg
- Crunchy Chocolate Banana Toast by Chayie Schlisselfeld
- Exotic Fruit Medley by Faigy Grossman
- Chummos Canapes by Susie Fishbein
Good Ol’ Guac by Avigail Maizlik
- Pita Chips from the Nitra Cookbook
- Full ‘n Free Potato Salad by Rorie Weisberg
- Zesty Pasta with Chickpeas by Brynie Greisman
- Heimishe Coleslaw from the Nitra Cookbook
- Rorie’s Meal Replacement Shake by Rorie Weisberg