Fake-out Takeout: Your Restaurant Favorites At Home
With the kids home for winter break, along with the expectation to have special Chanukah meals all 8 nights, it’s no surprise that a lot of us turn to takeout for a quick and flavorful delivery meal.
Though takeout is nice every once and a while, we’re big fans of turning out our favorite takeout dishes from the comfort of our own kitchen.
Not only are the delicious restaurant-quality recipes below easier to make than you’d expect, they’re healthier than those sugar and salt-loaded versions you order in and they make for a great Chanukah family activity!
- International Sesame Chicken by Faigy Grossman
- Chicken Chow Mein from the Dining In Cookbook
- Wontons in Garlic Sauce by Miriam (Pascal) Cohen
- Sweet and Tangy Lemon Chicken from the Dining In Cookbook
- Mini Egg Rolls from the Dining In Cookbook
- Saucy Sesame Chicken from the Nitra Cookbook
- Chinese "Takeout" Chicken by Ashira Mirsky
- Chinese Crispy Beef (Paleo, Gluten-Free) by Tamar Teitelbaum
- Chinese Sauteed Chicken and Vegetables from the Dining In Cookbook
- Stir-Fried Rice by Faigy Grossman
- Asian-Glazed Spare Ribs by Brynie Greisman
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry by Chayie Schlisselfeld
- Easy Fake-Out Chinese Chicken and Vegetables by Sarah Botwinick
- Chicken Potstickers by Faigy Grossman
- Rib Steak with Peppers and Basmati Rice by Avigail Maizlik
- Crispy Orange Beef by Sarah Lasry
- Chinese Lemon Chicken by Estee Kafra