Is there anything more quintessential than Apples and Honey on Rosh Hashanah? No matter what customs or background you have, apples and honey are a Rosh Hashanah staple.
When planning our theme this year, we wanted something that was relatable, loved and people wanted recipes for. That’s where the Apples & Honey theme was born.
We have an incredible line-up of super-talented chefs sharing with us delicious recipes with apples and honey as the star. Although there are many desserts coming down the pipeline there are also some very creative dishes from soups to salads to mains.
We hope you enjoy these recipes and add some of them to your Rosh Hashanah menu!
1. Apple and Honey Sourdough Bread by Reisy Gross
2. Apple and Honey Gluten Free Tart by Maya Maizlech
3. Salmon Quinoa Bowl by Karine Koptiev
4. Apple Quinoa Salad Topped With London Broil And Honey Vinaigrette by Faigy Reiner
This delicious dish combines the heartiness of quinoa, the sweetness of honey, and the savory flavors of London broil steak. With the main ingredients of apples and honey, there’s no way this recipe won’t get you into the Rosh Hashanah mood! This salad is packed with fresh, healthy ingredients, and is a perfect dish to add to your Rosh Hashanah meal.
5. Upside Down Almond Apples and Honey Tarts by Esther Susterman
6. Honey Whole Wheat Rolls by Kosher Meal Plans
Whole wheat is a healthy option any time of the year, and pairs perfectly with honey. It’s especially appropriate for the Rosh Hashanah season!
7. Rosh Hashanah-Inspired Apples and Honey Salad by Aliza Bixon
8. Simanim Salad by Bracha Shifrin
This salad is a bright and fresh way to incorporate simanim into your Rosh Hashanah menu.
9. Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Honey Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Sarah Harris
10. Apple and Honey Crumble by Aliza Grubin
I love this dish because it’s simple, feeds a lot, and always hits the spot.
11. Moroccan Apple Parcels by Eliyahu and Galit Benggio
12. Rosh Hashanah Chicken Barley Bake with a Honey Sesame Glaze by Debra Paul
We love a good chicken bake recipe around here. They’re easy, low maintenance, always delicious, and give you a main and side dish all in one. This chicken bake is inspired by the apple and honey theme of Rosh Hashanah, plus it includes some of the other simanim.
13. Apple and Honey Galette by Elka Friedman
14. Apples and Honey Nests by Nicole Truzman Beracha
These apple, honey, and nut-filled tangled nest kataifi pastries are so on-theme for Rosh Hashanah with a delightful contrasting crispy-soft bite.