Anyone else sit around their table discussing what to do for Chol Hamoed until about 1? And then until everyone gets dressed and packed up in the car and you leave at around 3? No matter how far in advance you plan it still never works?
Well, one thing that does NOT need to be left for last minute is the food! With the men and boys unable to eat mezonot foods outside of a sukkah, it makes lunches, dinners and snacks that much more difficult. To take away that stress, here are a couple of non-mezonot foods they can enjoy anywhere. Whether you’re in the mood for chicken and vegetable stir fry, cheesy roasted cauliflower, or a crustless quiche, pick your favs, pack ’em up, and head out to enjoy the day.
Next time your family is sitting at the table deciding what to do, you’ll know at least you’ve got your food covered!
PS- Check out our great article on activities for kids for Chol Hamoed to make that easier too!
- Sweet and Spicy Drumettes by Batsheva Kanter
- Chicken Thighs with Roasted Fall Fruit by Jamie Geller
- Zesty Herbed Grilled Chicken by Elky Friedman
- Cauliflower Chicken (or Beef) Burger by Elky Friedman
- Tangy Herb Grilled Chicken served over Kale Tahini Salad by Erin Grunstein
- Caramelized Chicken by Raizy Fried
- Miracle Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry by Nealy Fischer
- Tangy Potato Chip Shnitzel by Estee Kafra
- Butternut Squash Lasagna by Esther Begun
- Eggplant Margarita by Esti Lichtenstein
- Potato Crusted Pizza by Erin Grunstein
- Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower by Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robery Bildner
- Sweet Potato Linguine with Goat Cheese and Mint Almond Pesto by Sarah Lasry
- Marinated Salmon Topped With Creamy Mushrooms by Estee Kafra
- Lemon Cilantro Salmon by Naomi Hazan
Roasted Salmon with Pomegranate Salsa by Dorit Teichman
- Spinach, Cheese and (Vegan) Sausage Crustless Quiche by Erin Grunstein
- Halibut in Lemon Dill Sauce from the Nitra Cookbook
- Spicy Baked Nile Perch and Potatoes from the Dining In Cookbook
- Vegetable Quiche with Potato Crust by Elky Friedman
- Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon by Erin Grunstein
- Shakshouka On the Go by Estee Kafra