23 Delicious Main Dishes for Rosh Hashanah
We can no longer ignore the date on the calendar. Rosh Hashanah is officially in two weeks, and we’ve got a lot of planning to do.
Later this week we’re going to be publishing a number of recipe roundups to help you get started with the holiday cooking, but today we’re starting with the star of the show. Mains!
So, what should you serve at such a special meal? Some of our top picks include Sweet Tzimmes Chicken, Maple Mustard Beef Ribs, and Red Wine Veal Roast, just to name a few.
We’ve also got fish and plant based recipes for those who don’t eat red meat or chicken.
Take a look at our insanely delicious main dish ideas below and start your cooking this week to avoid the last-minute rush. Most of the meat dishes below can be frozen ahead. If you plan on freezing any of them, be sure to take a look at our freezer tips HERE.
- Pomegranate Silan Chicken by Erin Grunstein
- Maple Bourbon Oyster Steaks by The Peppermill
- Pomegranate Glazed Salmon by Victoria Dwek
- Sweet Tzimmes Chicken by Rorie Weisberg
- Red Wine Veal Roast by Chaia Frishman
- Cranberry-Glazed French Roast by Rorie Weisberg
- Slow-Roasted Herb-Crusted Brick Roast by Chanie Nayman
Instant Pot Eggplant Risotto by Jeffrey Eisner
- Barbecue Brisket by Rivky Kleiman
- Garlicky Cutlets by Estee Kafra
- Pastrami-Topped Chicken by Esther Ottensoser
Date-Glazed Roasted Chicken by Jamie Geller
- Sweet and Tangy Spare Ribs by Renee Muller
- Silan Chicken by Sina Mizrahi
- Plant-Based Stuffed Cabbage Rolls by Kenden Alfond
Vegetarian Chicken Apple Sausage Cholent by Manischewitz
- "Tzimmes" Stuffed Capons with Apple and Honey Crumbs by Chanie Apfelbaum
- Pan-Seared Maple Salmon Over Carrot Mash by Sina Mizrahi
- Moroccan Spiced Lamb with Date Barbecue Sauce by Elana Heideman
- Juicy and Flavorful Turkey Breast by Brynie Greisman
- Maple Mustard Beef Ribs by Elizabeth Kurtz
- Sweet and Sour French Roast by Fleishigs Magazine
Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Spinach by Sam Adler