Last-Minute Recipes to Make on Yom Tov!
The cooking-ahead-and-freezing life may not work for everyone. Maybe you don’t have a ginormous freezer just waiting to be filled with soups, appetizers, roasts, fish, kugels, and desserts. Maybe you’re a last-minute person by nature, or time just got away from you this year. Maybe you prefer to cook on Yom Tov so your food tastes fresher! Whatever the reason, we’re here to help with 25+ winning recipes you can prepare on Yom Tov and serve right away.
And because we'd all rather spend time with our families than in the kitchen on Yom Tov, we've selected recipes that require just a few minutes of prep time. (Just remember to leave on your stovetop or oven before Yom Tov, or you'll be really stuck.)
For more on the practical halachot of cooking on Yom Tov, watch OU & You.
Enjoy, and Chag Sameach!
- Honey-Mustard Chicken by Leah Schapira
- Rib-Eye Steak by Brynie Greisman
- Broccoli Pastrami Sauté by Chanie Nayman
- Cauliflower Poppers by Esther Ottensoser
- Savory Zucchini Balls by Estee Kafra
- Maple-Mustard Salmon by Rivky Kleiman
- Savory Chili Basil Chicken by Rivky Kleiman
- Shredded Kani Salmon by Estee Kafra
- Beer Brisket by Rivky Kleiman
- Savory Flanken from the Dining In Cookbook
Soft and Savory Chuck Roast by Chanie Nayman
Green Trio and Duck Fry Sauté by Rivky Kleiman
Pastrami Bruschetta by Chana Schapiro
Lychee Lime Fish Skewers by Michal Frischman
Succulent Chicken with Squash by Ashira Mirsky
Sweet and Tangy Spare Ribs by Renee Muller
Savory Pickled Dark Turkey Roast by Rivky Kleiman
- Fruity Fruit Soup from the Dining In Cookbook
- Strawberry-Rhubarb-Apple Compote from the Dining In Cookbook
Refreshing Fruit Soup by Brynie Greisman
- 3-Ingredient Cookie Butter Snaps by Reva (Blander) Yaffe
- Warm Vanilla Apple Cobbler by Rivky Kleiman
- Chocolate-Peanut-Butter Pie by Brynie Greisman
- Baked Pears with Honey and Cinnamon by Raizy Fried
- Simple No-Mixer Streusel Cake by Sara Wassserman
- Chocolate Toffee Bars by Shani Malka